Join Our Team
About the Community Empowerment Fund
CEF is a non-profit organization operating in Durham and Orange Counties that supports people experiencing homelessness or financial insecurity. We work alongside approximately 250 volunteers and 1,100 members in their pursuit of employment, secure housing, and financial stability. We are valued by Members and partners alike for our ability to meet people where they are and walk alongside each individual to achieve personal goals, with a particular focus on financial empowerment. We are passionate about sustaining transitions out of homelessness, and combine flexible relationship-based support with innovative matched savings accounts, referral networks, resource databases, and programmatic support to help Members achieve long-term dreams. Learn more at www.communityef.org.
Special Projects Coordinator
Priority applications are due by March 10. Position begins late March.
Position: Special Projects Coordinator
Term: Temporary (6-9 months)
Hours: Approx. 30-40 hours/wk, $18 per hour
The Community Empowerment Fund (CEF) is currently hiring for 1-position based across our Durham and Chapel Hill offices. This Administrative & Special Projects Manager will support our Co-Director with select projects and critical administrative work.
- Coordinate special projects tasks in development, financial management, and human resources
- Create content to be used in newsletters, emails, blog-posts, and community partner communications
- Support financial management, including audit, program-related transactions, and expense reports
- Develop systems for donor outreach and follow-up, assist in managing donor database, and facilitate the Major Gifts Team
- Maintain an updated fundraising calendar of proposals and reporting deadlines, and assist with reporting-related tasks.
- Support payroll, timesheets, and other personnel management tasks
- Assist in planning and execution of some events
Relevant skills & qualifications:
- Independence and initiative, with ability to work remotely and reliably produce high-quality work
- Strong writing skills, and an ability to compose impactful external-facing communications
- Experience with reviewing and understanding financial statements, budgeting, and audits
- Facility with technology, especially, Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets, Quickbooks and mail-merge, with a willingness to learn new technologies
- Exceptional organizational abilities and attention to detail, with ability to follow-through on many simultaneous projects
- Engaging and collaborative spirit
- Experience and comfort working with people across abilities and neurological differences, and from diverse racial, socioeconomic, educational, cultural, religious, and ethnic backgrounds
- Shared commitment to CEF’s mission
Please submit a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) contact information for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis with a priority deadline of March 10. Your cover letter should speak to your interest in working with CEF, and the experiences and qualities that will make you a great fit for this position.
CEF is an equal opportunity employer, and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ applicants.
Thank you for your interest! Please contact email@example.com with any questions.