Join CEF’s First-Time Homebuyer Program
- Overview: The CEF Homebuyers Program has been developed to assist Orange and Durham County residents in overcoming barriers to homeownership and transitioning into safe, permanent housing. By supporting Savers in achieving financial stability and building equity, the Program is intended to serve as a tool for lessening the racial-wealth gap in our community. The Program has three components:
- Financial Coaching
- HUD-Certified Homebuyer Education
- Homeownership Matched Savings
- Eligibility: To be eligible for participation, community members must meet the following criteria:
- Live in Durham or Orange County
- Fall at or below 80% of the Area Median Income as determined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- For the duration of the Program, remain listed as a tenant on a rental lease agreement.
- Who is encouraged to apply? This program is best suited to community members who see themselves living in the area for five or more years and have been stably employed for over one year. Those receiving Housing Choice Vouchers in Orange County are encouraged to apply, as the Orange County Housing Authority has recently established a Housing Choice Voucher Homeownership option.