The Community Empowerment Fund is proud to announce that we received the federal designation as a 501(c)3 tax-exempt, non-profit organization by the Internal Revenue Service! After submitting our application in April we got the letter in the mail last week and are thrilled about the many new opportunities this makes possible.
We are so thankful for all the support which has made it possible for CEF to get to this point. A big thanks to…
- Every CEF member, for your courage, conviction, and resilience; for pushing us to be better; and for sharing, always
- All our students and volunteers, for making CEF the vibrant and energetic force that it is, and for the many ways in which you empower
- Our kind and supportive Board of Directors, for always being there with the right advice to help us move forward
- Our donors and funders, for believing in the vision and giving us the resources to fulfill our mission
- Our parent organization, HOPE, for giving us the opportunity to grow
- Our community partners in Orange and Durham, for your generous welcome and the many lessons you have taught us
- And all the rest of our many friends and neighbors, who have been here along the way to help in ways innumerable
CEF also sends a huge thank you to the Community Development Law Clinic of the UNC School of Law. The expert assistance of Professor Tom Kelley and third-year student Colin Shive truly made the success of this process possible.
Thank you everyone. With your support, we look forward to continuing to strive towards our mission: To cultivate opportunities, assets and communities that support the alleviation of homelessness and poverty.
P.S. With our shiny new designation as a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization, now is a great time to make a tax-deductible donation to support CEF’s work
No comments yet.