When CEF members applied to be a part of our first Renter’s Savings IDA Program, we asked members a couple questions about why they wanted to join the program.
Here’s why CEF members are saving in their Renter’s Savings account with CEF…
- “So my kids don’t have to keep suffering.”
- “To learn to help myself so that I can help my family.”
- “Because it would give me incentive to save, and I’ve never saved, ever.”
- “It would make me feel good because it would be available when a real need comes up.”
- “Will help me build self-confidence and find stability.”
- “I want to own my own home and need to have secure savings to do that.”
- “This savings program will give me peace of mind.”
- “I would feel more secure to be financially independent.”
- “Because instead of looking for money to fix things, if you have savings you already have funds in place.”
- “To show me that even with the little money that I earn, I am still able to save.”
Through this program, we won’t just be partnering with members on their savings goals. We will also be focusing intentionally on their longer-term dreams for their households. When asked, “What are your goals for the next 3 years?” here’s what members are dreaming about…
- “Purchase a home, build up savings, save in 401K, start building college savings for my four children, and getting healthy!”
- “My own transportation and starting a business”
- “Finishing school and paying off student loans”
- “Build my income. My goal is to help others become stronger in their faith, to not give, and stay motivated.”
- “I’m just taking it one day at a time. I am trained not to try to think that far ahead.”
- “Getting my GED and saving for a car”
- “Be in school and nearer to graduation”
Help us get there together. Sponsor a Saver to join together with one of our 10 pilot Savers, as they continue to invest in their own and their family’s futures.
No comments yet.