Amazing. This month members of the Community Empowerment Fund (CEF) achieved a significant milestone, surpassing the $100,000 mark of collective savings deposits.
Now, almost three years since the program began, CEF members have cumulatively deposited over $100,000 towards their goals. As a result of all CEF savers:
- 34 have successfully moved out of transitional housing and into apartments
- 38 have prevented financial emergencies
- 40 members have successfully saved to purchase laptops
- 12 have purchased personal vehicles, achieving greater employability and mobility.
- Most uniquely, 1 member purchased a dairy cow for his family
To celebrate this milestone, CEF will host a public ceremony on Friday, April 5th at 6:45pm at UNC. The event will take place in the Pit, the center of UNC’s campus, during the 6th annual Box-Out, an awareness raising event about homelessness and a fundraiser for CEF. CEF will honor members in the savings program present members with a plaque to commemorate their collective achievement.
RSVP for the ceremony to Maggie West, email@example.com, (919) 200-0233.